Saturday 30 November 2013

3 Easy Tips to Make a Nourishing Home



I believe that to be completely nourished, you need to not only nourish yourself and your body but nourish those around you and your home. How much better do you feel once the house has been cleaned, some meals have been prepared for the week and you have treated yourself to something special for the house to make it feel warm, loved and homely? 



Here are my 3 easy tips to make a nourishing home.

1. Clean your house! But... without using chemicals!  I use white vinegar, baking soda and eucalyptus oil to clean pretty much everything in my home. I don't want my family (or myself) breathing in toxins from cleaning products. 


2. Cook! It may seem silly or tiresome to some but it is a very simple way to feel nourished and to provide nourishment to others. By providing wholesome home cooked meals to your family they will feel loved (and well fed) and you will feel good for doing it! I currently have a batch of home made pasta sauce simmering away. There really isn't much that beats the smell of home cooking! I sometimes prepare a big batch of vegetable bake or tomato pie so I have something to quickly heat up if we don't have much time through the week. I always like to have homemade treats on hand too. I made a yoghurt cake this week but sometimes I will make a big batch of my Raw Truffles  or my Paleo Banana Bread. It is nice to have something ready made in case people drop by or when your kids/ family need a treat.


3. Treat yourself to something special for the house. By this I mean, go buy yourself your favourite flowers, put them in your favourite vase and admire them! Or light your favourite candle! 



Let me know if you have any other ideas to nourish your home in the comments section below. I would love to hear from you :)

Bee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment