Wednesday 3 July 2013

The Easiest Way to Have a Positve Life

The easiest way to create a positive life is to surround yourself with positive people! 

Have you ever had a conversation with someone - friend, colleague, family member where you left feeling completely drained?  You know those people that only have negative things to say and talk about other people in a negative way? These people feed off negativity and they bring other people into it because that is the only way they can get their energy! These relationships are noticeably draining.  There are other times when the person isn't so outwardly negative but the relationship you have with them often feels artificial, difficult and heavy and leaves you tired and wiped out and much worse than before you met up with them. This happens because the friendship is not nourishing you.  For whatever reason, that person is not good for you and they are not giving you any positive energy. If you feel like a friendship is strained and forced then that is a good sign that it's not working for you! It probably isn't working for them either!

I consider myself so lucky. I have the most beautiful friendships that are all special to me. Many of my friends I have known since school (some even since primary school!) and we have been close ever since. One of my best friends and I found each other in year 7 when I asked her "do you want to be my best friend?" such a dork, but who cares, we have been there for each other ever since! It is so nice to have people you can talk to, get motivated by, laugh with, cry with and know that each other will be there for one another no matter what.

Over time the friendships that have nourished me I have subconsciously and consciously nurtured, and been drawn towards and the friendships that left me feeling depleted of energy just kind of faded away over the years. Every time I meet up with a girlfriend, even if it is just for a quick tea or walk in the park, I feel like I get a buzz from meeting up with them and we feel good energy bouncing off one another.  This is when you know that the person should be in your life! New friendships that I have made recently have been with gorgeous people that radiate happiness and have an enthusiasm for life that I am drawn towards. Happiness is contagious and surrounding yourself with motivated, life loving, happy vibe giving people will soon catch on to you and won't be able to be anything but that!
Next time you feel drained after seeing someone, ask yourself "is this relationship nourishing me?" and if the answer is no then maybe you should spend more time focusing on the relationships that do.






Bee xx

2 comments: