Monday 28 October 2013

RECIPE | Banana Bread (Paleo, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free) - Delicious!

This banana bread is a must try for all banana bread lovers. It looks just like 'real' banana bread. It is moist & delicious just how any good banana bread should be although it contains no grains, no dairy and no refined sugar. It is delicious recipe for paleo eaters :) I have been given the tick of approval by hubby and friends that this is a much nicer, lighter version of the heavy bread found elsewhere.


I embarked on a paleo lifestyle a few weeks ago and ever since I have longed for a slice of banana bread! Mainly because I couldn't eat it I am sure! I am glad I had the craving because this led me to three weekends of perfecting this delicious banana bread recipe. After trial and error I am so happy with the result! I am actually eating a slice now with a cup of tea!

Ingredients:
3 medium bananas, mashed very well
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
1 cup tinned coconut milk
2 tablespoons shredded coconut
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons raw honey 
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
3 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup almond meal
3/4 cup coconut flour 
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt 
A few almonds or whatever you have handy to sprinkle on top


Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 180'c
Grease & line loaf tin
Whisk bananas, vanilla, eggs, honey & coconut milk together 
Add almond meal, coconut flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking soda & salt, whisk until combined breaking up any clumps with the whisk
Mix through the melted coconut oil
Whisk all for approx 1 minute until it reaches a smooth(ish) consistency
Pour into prepared loaf tin & bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 mins - until skewer comes out clean

Half way through you may need to cover the top loosely with foil to stop it browning.

Voila! Yummy banana bread to kill the cravings without any guilt :) You can serve with some butter or honey (or both) or it is lovely on it's own.


Enjoy!

Bee xx

Just a note on the ingredients, everything listed can be found at health food stores but I also have seen everything a large supermarkets. I found Bob's Mill Organic Coconut Flour at Coles so these things aren't hard to find :)



No comments:

Post a Comment