Sunday 6 October 2013

RECIPE | Overnight Soaked - Brekky in a Jar

There is something about eating out of a jar that just makes it all the more special to eat.. No idea why, I guess it is just the novelty factor. When I am in need of a super energising brekky which is a bit more filling than a smoothie, I always opt for a "Brekky in a Jar". 

The possibilities are endless with what you can put in these jars, but here are a couple of my favourites :)

Overnight Soaked Chia & Oats Brekky in a Jar

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon chia seeds
Half cup rolled oats
3/4 cup milk of choice (I am loving coconut milk at the moment)
Handful of frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon of dessicated coconut
2 teaspoons maple syrup 

Directions:
Mix together chia seeds with oats and stir in milk
Allow to sit on bench for 10 minutes 
Stir again to ensure the chia soaks up all the milk properly (otherwise it goes clumpy)
Put in fridge over night

In the morning you can layer your brekky in a jar. I layer all of the ingredients and add a little maple syrup over the coconut. I like to put frozen blueberries on top so by the time I get to work they are defrosted and the juice runs through the other ingredients :)


Overnight Soaked Chocolate Chia & Raspberry Brekky in a Jar


Ingredients:
2 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup milk of choice (I am loving coconut milk at the moment)
Handful of frozen raspberries
Handful of slivered almonds
2 teaspoons raw cacao
2 teaspoons maple syrup 

Directions:
Mix together chia seeds with cacao and stir in milk
Allow to sit on bench for 10 minutes 
Stir again to ensure the chia soaks up all the milk properly (otherwise it goes clumpy)
Put in fridge over night

In the morning you can layer your brekky in a jar. I layered all of the ingredients and added some loving earth chocolate buckinis on top.. You could just add extra almonds or other nuts, it is nice for some extra crunch!

Enjoy!

Bee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment