Sunday 16 March 2014

Natural Face Mask - Honey & Lemon


I have been reading a lot lately about natural beauty masks and one that I was really interested to try just seemed too simple to work! Why do we always need things to be complicated to believe them? I have only used organic coconut oil as a cleanser and moisturiser on my face for quite a while and have wanted to find a mask that would hydrate and brighten my skin. I read a post on Kimberly Snyder's blog about natural face masks, I have seen these natural remedies around quite a bit but after I read it this time I really wanted to try it out for myself. You can read her post here.



It seems so simple I know, but your skin will love you for it. Think about what really goes into those (most) store bought products. They are full of synthetic ingredients that do more harm that good to your skin.

What you need
1 tablespoon raw honey
Juice from 1/4 lemon

What you do
Mix above ingredients together, and spread all over your face
Leave it on for 15-20mins

If you move around the house be sure to carry around a wash cloth underneath your face as you will drip!

It is recommended you only do this once or twice per week as the lemon can be quite drying.

This is great for people with acne as the lemon & honey are both antibacterial. Also great to refresh and brighten your skin. The lemon helps to reduce blackheads and even lighten skin pigmentation!

My skin was left super soft and noticeably brighter, even after the first time.

Let me know what natural facial masks you like to do in the comments below! I would love to try some others.




Images sourced from:
http://www.ojavanproducts.com/images/768lemon.jpg
http://nourishmintwellness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/raw-honey1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. best vitamin c face mask

    ReplyDelete