Sunday 12 January 2014

My Favouritie Green Smoothie

I posted this recipe when I first started this blog, so you may have seen it before. I think it is such a great, tasty recipe for when you are first starting to drink green smoothies so I thought I would post it again for those that missed it:) 

The combination of all of the fruit with the added coconut water (fresh or bottled it doesn't matter) just makes it so palatable with the greens for the beginner smoothie drinker :) Hubby & I often have this exact smoothie. It is our go to smoothie when we need a good pick me up.


When I first started making green smoothies I used Kimberly Snyders recipe which you can find here. She has lots of other great clean eating vegan recipes which you will find on her blog.


The Glorious Green Smoothie

1 cup of coconut water (preferably from fresh young coconut, or bottled is fine if you can't find it)
1 cup kale (leaves only, no stalks - makes it bitter)
1 cup baby spinach
1 apple 
1 banana
1 cup strawberries
1 stalk celery
juice of half a lemon



Mix coconut water with greens first until very smooth, I turn my blender slowly up to full speed, then slowly add the cut up pieces of hard fruit until they are all smooth, then last add the banana, strawberries and juice of half a lemon. Blend all until very smooth, I keep it on for a minute or so to make sure. The more blended it is - the easier the nutrients can enter your system! I make a batch big enough to last a few days so I am not having to do it every day.

You can keep it in the fridge for a couple of days or you can freeze a big batch and defrost it the night before.

Enjoy!

Bee x



No comments:

Post a Comment