Thursday 27 June 2013

RECIPE | The Cheeky Taco (that really isn't a taco!) Tuna, Cherry Tomatoes, Carrot, Avocado, Cabbage

Something light, quick & easy to make when you can't be bothered to make anything at all!

Tonight my hubby has taken our son to a footy match which leaves me home to relax and not having to cook for anyone! Exciting yes, but I am hungry! So, what to cook when (a) you can’t be bothered to cook and (b) you have no food in the house?

Deciding I was hungry enough to look for something to eat I searched my fridge and pantry and realized that I actually did have food it was just time to be a little creative with the limited food I could find so I made a healthy Crunchy Tuna, Avocado, Carrot & Tomato ‘Taco’, it was delicious and took about 5 minutes to make!



Ingredients:
1 tin of tuna
½ Avocado - sliced
1 carrot – grated
small handful of cherry tomatoes – each tomato cut in half
large cabbage leaf or wrap

Dressing Ingredients:

½ teaspoon dijon mustard
half a lemon – juice squeezed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 large cabbage leaf (for taco) otherwise a wrap would be nice too

Directions:

Mix all dressing ingredients together with a fork
Mix tuna, carrot and tomatoes together, pour in the dressing ingredients and combine
Place sliced avocado along middle of cabbage leaf
Top with tuna mixture & voila a delicious Crunchy Tuna, Avocado, Carrot & Tomato ‘Taco’!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment